back ground

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Work Like A Man-Day

Today was my "work like a man-day". It is my day that I work harder than a man. I mowed the lawn, weeded an area in the yard that we had some bushes pulled from earlier this summer and hadn't done one thing with since then. I had some new plants that needed to be planted in the area desperately, but haven't taken the time to do so. It was very dry and hard to shovel but I got it done and the plants in the ground. Now the water is soaking in. I am also trying to get caught up on my ironing, so I would go work for 30 to 45 minutes, come in and iron and cool off then go back out.I got so behind on the ironing that I decided I would get it done this week. Yesterday I did 20 shirts, (yes I know, I was really behind) then today I have done 7 more shirts, and 2 pants, but I still have several shirts to go and 5 pants and 2 skirts. Yuk, I will never get that behind again. Valerie and Jacob came over to see me. That was a welcomed rest, we went in the back yard and Jacob was in the swing for a long time. He had so much fun. I also washed my sheets and towels and hung them on the line. I still need to get them off. Tonight I need to can some beans I got from my garden. No rest for the wicked.

2 comments:

  1. YOU GO GIRL! I am so proud of you - too bad you don't look like a man?!?!?!? Don't over do it - but I have tons of ironing if you get the time...... love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you got that many things ironed! I totally understand how the whole ironing thing goes. Working at Margene's Bridal always welcomed lots and lots of pressing! I too spent one Saturday morning pressing like 17 shirts. It takes work! Hands down to you Karen!

    Shayla

    ReplyDelete