back ground

Saturday, August 15, 2009

To be six again

A few months ago I went to the zoo with all the grandkids. It was so fun. Sydney had just turned 6 and I got this picture of her on a lion with the cute sign by it by A.A. Milne: "But now I am six, I'm as clever as clever. So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever." Six is a fun age, but I don't know if I would want to go back and do it over, because then I would have to do High School again. I don't think I could handle that. I love watching our grand children grow. Payton turned 2 yesterday and to watch her open her gifts last night was so neat. She would open one and was so excited, then she would take it around the group and show everyone her new treasure. She was just thrilled with everything she got. Today at Vernalee's funeral the grandkids talked about how much fun they would have at their NaNa's house. She was a child at heart I believe. She was refered to as a noble angel. Wow, I love that. I want to take more time to be with my grand kids and be more child like with them. So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

2 comments:

  1. If you stay six forever and ever, you never have to grow up, which means you wouldn't have to do high school again! So you can stay six if you want. Maybe I will too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see you at age 6 again, charging down the street on your tricycle! Life was so simple then. I agree with the high school thing - no way!!! would I want to do that. Just remember, you are as young as you feel!

    ReplyDelete